MACY’S STAR REWARDS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Membership (“Membership”): The Macy’s Star Rewards program (“Program”) is a U.S.-based loyalty program and is available only in the U.S. and its territories. Participation in the Program and the benefits of the Program are offered at the sole discretion of Macy’s (“Macy’s,” “us,” or “our”). Cardholders of Macy’s Store and Macy’s American Express® accounts (each an “Account”) used for personal, family and household purchases are automatically enrolled for Membership in the Program; Commercial Accounts are excluded. Each Account is enrolled in the Program once, regardless of the number of cardholders and authorized users (cardholders and authorized users are collectively referred to herein as “Cardholders”). Eligible customers aged 18 years or older who are U.S. residents and do not have an Account may enroll for Membership in the Program at any Macy’s store or online at macys.com/starrewards. Eligible customers who enroll for Membership in the Program but do not have an Account are referred to collectively in these Terms and Conditions as “Non-Cardholders,” and individually as a “Non-Cardholder.” Account cardholders and Non-Cardholders are collectively referred to as “Members” and individual Members are sometimes referred to in these terms and conditions as “you.” An Account is not required to enroll for Membership in the Program and no purchase is necessary to enroll. Only one Program Membership per Account and per person. By enrolling in Star Rewards, you agree you are subject to Macy's Notice of Privacy Practices, which may be found at macys.com/privacy. Information regarding any state privacy rights you may have is also available there.
2. Eligibility: Participation in the Program is for individuals who use the Membership in connection with purchases used for personal, family and household purposes. Any use of the Program for commercial purposes or fraudulent activity, and any attempts to manipulate or abuse the Program will result in termination of the Membership. When a Membership is terminated due to ineligibility, all outstanding points and outstanding Star Money rewards associated with the Membership are forfeited.
3. Star Rewards Status: The Program consists of four status levels: Silver, Gold, and Platinum status (available to Cardholders) and Bronze status (available to Non-Cardholders) (each a “Status”).
a. Cardholder Status: Every Account with at least one Qualifying Purchase charged in the previous calendar year that is not offset by a return, discount, or adjustment is assigned a Status. A “Qualifying Purchase” is a purchase charged to the Account at Macy’s, macys.com, or Macy’s Backstage. The benefits available to the Account vary based on the Status. The Status of an Account is based on the net Qualifying Purchase amount (less returns, discounts (excluding employee and new Account discounts), and adjustments) on the Account in the previous calendar year (“Net Qualifying Purchases”).
b. Non-Cardholder Status: All Non-Cardholders are Bronze Status and receive benefits available at that Status.
4. Changing Account Status for Cardholders: New Accounts are opened with Silver Status. If no Qualifying Purchases are made on an Account during a calendar year, the Account is considered inactive in the Program and is not assigned a Status. Once sufficient Net Qualifying Purchase(s) are charged to an Account to qualify for a higher Status, the change will occur 7 calendar days after the Net Qualifying Purchase Amount is met, unless returns cause the Account to fall below the required Net Qualifying Purchase Amount for the new Status during the 7-day period following qualification. You will be notified of an increase in Status once it becomes effective. Once the new Status becomes effective, the Account will receive the benefits associated with that Status. Those benefits will not apply to purchases made prior to the effective date of the new Status. Once an Account advances to a higher Status, it will remain at that Status for the rest of the calendar year. Every January, Net Qualifying Purchases in the previous full calendar year will be used to determine your Account Status for the year. You will be notified of any change to your Account Status each year and the change will become effective in January of each year. However, you will not be notified if your Account becomes inactive in the Program. If you are a New York resident and your Account is closed on or after December 10, 2023, your Membership in the Program will continue as a Non-Cardholder at the Bronze Status level. We will send you a notification explaining your new Status.
5. Benefits: Each Status offers different benefits, some of which are detailed below. These benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Macy’s. Benefits may be added to or removed from the Program at any time without notice.
6. Savings Offers: From time to time, Macy’s may provide Members of any Status with Savings Offers on select purchases at Macy’s and macys.com. The value of each Savings Offer may differ and there is no guarantee of a certain number of Savings Offers. Exclusions apply and will be disclosed with each Savings Offer. To receive Savings Offers, Members must not have opted out of receiving marketing from Macy’s as of the date we prepare our offers and we must have their current mailing or email address.
7. Free Standard Shipping:
a. Free Standard Shipping with Qualifying $25+ Purchase (Bronze Status and Silver Status): Free standard shipping with qualifying $25+ purchases at Macy’s and macys.com when: (i) Bronze members check-out with their Bronze membership or (ii) payment is made with an Account with Silver Status. Minimum required spend excludes gift wrap charges, purchases of gift cards, and tax. Free shipping of purchases in Macy’s stores applies when you are shopping in a store that does not stock a particular item but it is available at another store and: (a) Bronze members check-out with their Bronze membership or (b) payment is made with an Account with Silver Status. A $10 shipping surcharge on domestic orders applies to purchases shipped outside the contiguous United States: Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, North Mariana Islands, Palau and U.S. Virgin Islands. Free Shipping does not apply to furniture, mattresses, rugs, purchases in Macy’s stores (except as noted above), prior purchases, e-gifting purchases, or international orders. Due to size and/or weight, certain items bear a shipping surcharge, which will still apply. Additional delivery charges may apply for expedited shipping.
b. Free Standard Shipping with No Minimum Purchase (Gold and Platinum): Free standard shipping of purchases at Macy’s and macys.com when payment is made with an Account with Gold or Platinum Status. Free standard shipping of purchases in Macy’s stores applies when you are shopping in a store that does not stock a particular item but it is available at another store and payment is made with an Account with Gold or Platinum Status. A $10 shipping surcharge on domestic orders applies to purchases shipped outside the contiguous United States: Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, North Mariana Islands, Palau and U.S. Virgin Islands. Free Shipping does not apply to furniture, mattresses, rugs, purchases in Macy’s stores (except as noted above), prior purchases, e-gifting purchases, or international orders. Due to size and/or weight, certain items bear a shipping surcharge, which will still apply. Additional delivery charges may apply for expedited shipping. If an order is placed when the Account has Silver Status and the order does not qualify for free standard shipping (as describe in Section 7(a)), you will be charged for shipping even if an upgrade to Gold or Platinum Status becomes effective before your order is shipped.
8. Earning Points at Macy’s: Members accumulate points on Rewards Earning Purchases at Macy’s, macys.com, and Macy’s Backstage. A “Rewards Earning Purchase” is a purchase of merchandise at Macy’s, macys.com, and Macy’s Backstage (less any discounts (excluding employee and new Account discounts) and adjustments). Rewards Earning Purchases exclude: Macy’s Gift Cards, furniture, mattresses, rugs, services (e.g., Beauty Box and other subscription services, restaurants, salon services, alterations, etc.), any department that does not use a Macy’s point of sale register, fees, sales tax, and any portion of your purchase paid with Star Money, or Macy’s Rewards Cards (including Macy’s Money, Happy Returns Cards, promotional cards, and merchandise only certificates). Cardholders will not accumulate points if you pay using an electronic or virtual wallet other than Macy’s Pay, even if you are using a Macy’s Account in an electronic or virtual wallet.
a. You will receive points for every dollar of a Rewards Earning Purchase. The number of points you receive is based on your Status and your method of payment. Members earn points for Rewards Earning Purchases as shown in the chart below. Cardholders who make a Rewards Earning purchase using a form of payment other than their Account earn points at the Bronze level when checking out as a Star Rewards member.
The amount of each Rewards Earning Purchase is multiplied by the applicable number of points per dollar to determine the number of points received for that purchase. That amount is then rounded to the nearest point. (For those Rewards Earning Purchases made in full or in part with an Account that receives an employee discount, points will be calculated based on 80% of a Rewards Earning Purchase charged to the Account, regardless of the percentage of employee discount applied to the purchase.) When you return a purchase, the same calculation is used to determine the number of points that will be removed from your outstanding points balance. If, during a return, you do not have sufficient outstanding points to accommodate the returned purchase, any outstanding Star Money rewards will be reduced by 1¢ per point. If all your outstanding points and outstanding Star Money rewards are eliminated, we may reduce the value of your returned purchase by 1¢ per point.
b. Points earned for a Rewards Earning Purchase made on macys.com, or orders placed by a store associate for merchandise not available in that store, will be pending and will be issued on the date each item is shipped to the shipping address. If items from a single order are shipped on different dates, the points for each item will be issued on the date each item is shipped. The points received for any item with a scheduled delivery will be pending and will not be issued until after the merchandise is delivered and accepted.
c. You must check-out at Macy’s and macys.com as a Star Rewards member in order to earn points. In our stores, Cardholders must pay with their Account or present their Account at time of purchase to earn points. When shopping in our stores, Bronze members must provide the information requested at time of purchase to earn points. On macys.com, Silver, Gold, and Platinum members must pay with their Account to earn points at a Cardholder Status level. Cardholders may earn at the Bronze Status level when they pay with a method other than an Account if they: (i) create a macys.com account; (ii) add their Account to their macys.com Wallet; and (iii) elect to connect/merge their Star Rewards membership with their macys.com account. To earn points while shopping on macys.com, Bronze members must have a macys.com account with their Star Rewards membership added to that macys.com account. Bronze members must be signed in to that macys.com account when making a purchase on macys.com to earn points.
d. Once a Star Rewards account accumulates 1,000 points, a $10 Star Money reward is issued. You will be given the option to redeem your available Star Money rewards toward a qualifying purchase at Macy’s, Macy’s Backstage, or macys.com when you check-out with your Membership. Star Money rewards may not be exchanged for cash, used to purchase Macy’s Gift Cards, used for services (e.g., Beauty Box and other subscription services, restaurants, salon services, alterations, etc.), used in any department that does not use a Macy’s point of sale register, used for any purchase that will be shipped outside the U.S., or used as payment on an Account. To redeem a Star Money reward on orders of furniture and mattresses on macys.com, you must call Macy’s Customer Service for assistance. Star Money rewards may not be redeemed in a Macy’s store if you use an electronic or virtual wallet other than Macy’s Pay or self-checkout. Each Star Money reward is valid for 30 calendar days from issuance. Unused Star Money rewards are forfeited 30 calendar days after issuance, at midnight Eastern Time on the expiration date. When a Star Money reward is issued during a purchase at a store register, the register receipt will include notification that the Star Money was issued. If we have a valid email address for the Member, we will also send an email notification. When pending points become actual points as described in section 8b, or points earned on purchases outside Macy’s on a Macy’s American Express account are added to your outstanding points balance and those points cause a Star Money reward to be issued, if we have a valid email address for the Member, we will send an email notification. If we don’t have a valid email address on file, we may choose to notify you through another method.
e. If your purchase results in the partial use of a Star Money reward, the remainder of the reward is valid for 30 calendar days from the date the Star Money reward was originally issued.Star Money rewards associated with an Account may be redeemed by any individual Cardholder or authorized user on the Account. Macy’s cannot limit redemption of Star Money rewards to any individual Cardholder or authorized buyer on an Account.
f. If you use a Star Money reward(s) toward a purchase and then return the item purchased, Macy’s may issue the portion of your return paid with a Star Money reward(s) in the form of a replacement Star Money reward(s), a Macy’s Happy Returns Card, or a merchandise only certificate.
g. Except where prohibited by law, if a Cardholder’s Account is closed, whether by the Account issuer or the primary or secondary Cardholder, all outstanding points and any unused Star Money Rewards will be forfeited and your Membership terminated. If you fail to make a Rewards Earning Purchase during any consecutive 12-month period, your outstanding points balance and any unused Star Money Rewards will be forfeited.
h. Except where prohibited by law, if a Cardholder’s Account is closed, whether by the Account issuer or the primary or secondary Cardholder, all outstanding points and any unused Star Money Rewards will be forfeited, and your Membership terminated.
i. If you fail to make a Rewards Earning Purchase during any consecutive 12-month period, your outstanding points balance and any unused Star Money Rewards will be forfeited.
9. Earning Points Outside of Macy’s: Cardholders with Macy’s American Express accounts may earn points on qualifying purchases outside of Macy’s as described at macys.com/starrewards.
10. Star Money Bonus Days and Bonus Point Offers: From time to time, Macy’s may offer Members additional opportunities to earn points. When given an opportunity to earn points, the points will be earned in the manner described in Section 8, but the number of points earned per dollar spent and the merchandise excluded may differ and will be disclosed with each offer. Macy’s is under no obligation to offer any particular number of Star Money Bonus Days or bonus point offers. Bonus points are not awarded on purchases of: Apple products, tech watches/jewelry/accessories, tech, Macy's Backstage, Beauty Box subscriptions, Scan & Pay purchases, gift cards, furniture, mattresses, rugs, services & fees, sales tax, leased departments, third party sellers, restaurants, international orders, e-gifting, online backorders, or pre-sales.
11. Termination of or Change in Program and Points: Except as prohibited by law, Macy’s may terminate the Program at any time, with or without notice, which may result in loss of points and the cancellation of all benefits and privileges associated with the Program. Points are not your property and may be revoked, cancelled, limited, or modified at any time, even though such action may affect a Member’s right to use previously accumulated points. Points have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash, and have no value whatsoever. Macy’s reserves the right to limit, delete or change any of the rules, terms, conditions, and benefits of the Program at its sole discretion, with or without notice. Interpretation of these Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of Macy’s, whose decision will be final. If a Member believes that points were not properly applied, please contact us at the telephone number that appears in Section 14. Members must contact us within thirty (30) days after the date the points should have been earned in accordance with Section 8. Macy’s does not have any obligation to correct errors after such thirty (30) day period. Macy’s will not be liable for any failure to issue points to your Star Rewards account in a timely manner. Macy’s is not liable for points that are lost due to fraudulent, unauthorized, or other unacceptable use.
12. Other Terms: Any tax liability connected with receipt or use of any Star Money rewards or any other benefit in the Program is the participant’s responsibility. Program void where prohibited or restricted by law. Except where provided by law, points and Star Money rewards are not transferable in the event of death, as part of a domestic relations matter, or for any other reason. Points and Star Money rewards cannot be combined across Accounts or Memberships, or transferred to a different Account or Membership. The sale, trading, auction, barter or other transfer of any points or Star Money rewards is prohibited. Macy’s reserves the right to audit Accounts and Memberships at any time and request validation of point-earning activities and Star Money reward redemptions. Events beyond Macy’s control, such as computer equipment or electronic data transmission failure, strikes, acts of God, civil disturbances, terrorism or war, which may materially affect our ability to perform, may cause us to suspend or terminate the Program.
13. Release of Information: Members consent to the release of their personal information to third parties as necessary to carry out the Program.
14. Change to Account Information: Members must advise us of any change in their name, address, e-mail address, or phone number associated with the Account or Membership. You may call us at 1-888-860-7111 or write to us at Macy’s Customer Service, P.O. Box 8118, Mason, OH 45040 to update your information.
15. Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions are governed by New York state law, without reference to its conflicts of law doctrine, as such law is applied to agreements entered into and performed entirely within such jurisdiction.
American Express is a federally registered service mark of American Express and is used by Citibank, N.A. pursuant to a license. The Macy’s American Express Card program is issued and administered by Citibank, N.A.